Eternity and Then Some

Thursday, May 18, 2006

PEBL-Pink Issues





This just may be my next phone. This is the Motorola PEBL which launched a little while ago in black and is now "coming soon" in colors! They also have matching bluetooth headsets. Motorola is also making this phone in bright bubble gum pink, but are we gonna carry that one? No....I work for T Mobile who's signature color is PINK and we're gonna carry this great new phone in every color except PINK. I guess I'm gonna have to start liking green or blue or "pumpkin" as they're calling it.

Maybe I should get a marketing degree and then I could come up with great ideas like this. T-Mobile has worked so hard and spent so much $$$ to raise brand awareness with our signature color.....and pink phones have been wildly popular since they were first introduced by us and all the other carriers followed and then they come up with a curve ball like this. "We'll launch this great new phone and take all the colors except PINK".

I think that is kinda like the University of Michigan producing a new line of shirts and memoribilia and saying, we'll make it in every color EXCEPT blue and yellow, definately no maize and blue, were here to confuse people.


Maybe I just have some slightly girly wardrobe tendencies. I do go a little overboard with the pink. Tom and I were in Best Buy last week and a sales guy walked up and said "PINK, ever time I see you, You're in pink!" Tom tried to tell him "She wears blue sometimes too" but he insisted that my wardrobe must consist of only pink items. Tom says I have "branded myself". We don't know this guy, he's just helped us a couple times and we're only in Best Buy maybe once month so it was kinda strange to realize that a stranger would notice and remember something like that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home